Do I need a TV license?
- No you do not need a TV licence, however if you are using a domestic TV you may need to write to the authority confirming it is not being used as a TV.
My practice already has a TV can that be used?
- Yes, the service is designed so you can use existing TVs but it will need to be a standard wide screen TV (16:9) and have either of the following digital component inputs: HDMI or DVI. These are standard inputs for modern screens. Any concerns about compatibility just call us
Is there any sound/audio?
- No the programme is silent, the research has proven 2 things;
- From the patients perspective they can choose to watch the screen but if there is sound they have no choice but to listen.
- As most screens are often located near the reception staff, the repetitive sound would result in them turning it down or muting it. Also because there is no audio, you will not require a PPL or PRS license for the service.
We have two waiting rooms and want a screen in both, can this be done?
- Yes we have done this for a number of customers. You simply need an additional set top box. There is just a deposit and set up fee for each additional box. The monthly subscription will cover up to 4 screens.
How do I personalise the TV?
- you will be given a username and password to access the members portal of the SmileVision website. From here you can personalise the channel with relevant videos from the library. To see how easy it is, please book a free demo with one of our team.
How does it use our practice internet and will it be affected?
- The service will continue to run even if the internet goes down. The set top box downloads and stores the content, which ensures the service runs even if a connection is lost. The programme is not streamed (no buffering) but can be updated in real time. This also means it will not affect the speed of your connection (as standard we schedule the updates to download overnight)
What is included in the service?
- The service includes: a set top box, automatic updates, members access to the content library and personalisation tools (via simple user interface), remote support and proactive monitoring.
Can you provide and install a screen for me?
- We do not provide or install TV screens, we can however, recommend a suitable screen for you.
How often does the content update?
- Your patients will see a fully up to date programme each time they visit. The entertainment and product promotions are regularly updated automatically by us for you, so it will always be fresh and new. You can also personalise the channel with content from the library as often as you like, keeping it relevant for your practice.
What are the screen size options?
- The screen size can be whatever is best for your practice, a lot of customers have chosen a 32′ to 40′ screen.
If you have any other questions, give our team a call on 0207 9933 888 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org